Reporting to: Infrastructure Manager
AboutÂ theÂ Role
Under the general supervision of the Infrastructure Manager, the Systems Administrator is responsible for a broad range of systems, administration and operations. As a Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration and support of all IT systems.
- Provide technical support for hardware and software-related matters
- Installation, configuration and on-going management of current and future IT systems.
- Configuration and onward support of all physical and virtualized based systems.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Ensure system redundancy and resiliency.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot system policies.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain server-side applications running on the network.
- Perform and oversee continuous system health checks, patching and system upgrades.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the availability, performance and integrity of all servers, systems and key processes.
- Coordinate and work with external vendors to resolve incidents and problems with hardware and software.
- Assist in the planning and deployment of new systems and solutions.
- Ensure compliance to security standards, policies and guidelines.
About the You
- A minimum of 4 â 5 yearsâ specialized experience in Windows Server systems.
- Skilled in server hardware troubleshooting and configuration.
- Strong experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft operating systems â Windows Server 2003 R2 â 2019 including but not limited to AD, GPOâs, DHCP, DNS, and advanced clustering.
- Server technologies â HPE / Dell hardware.
- Storage technologies â SAN and NAS (iSCSI and FC) â HPE / Nimble, and QNAP.
- Virtualized environments â VMware ESXi and vCenter 5.5 â 6.7.
- Server-side applications â Microsoft Exchange 2010+, Microsoft IIS 7.5+ farms, Microsoft SQL Server 2014+, Microsoft RDS 2008 R2+, Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop 7.
- Intermediate experience in the following areas:
- Networking technologies â firewalls, routers, and switches â Cisco and Juniper.
- IT strategies â patching, upgrades, migrations, new installations, cloud technologies, automation, multi-factor authentication, monitoring, security, and BCP / DR.
- Client technologies â desktops, notebooks, thin clients and mobile devices â HP, Dell, Lenovo, and Apple / Android.
- Backup technologies â Veeam Backup & Replication and Veritas Backup Exec.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows and Linux Servers.
- Familiarity of cloud-based software deployments.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and plan.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Commitment to continual development of technical skillsets and knowledge sharing.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional customer focus.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why youâd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about.
At tifgroup, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. tifgroup is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.