Assistant Schemes Analyst
Reporting to: Finance Team Leader
AboutÂ theÂ Role
The Assistant Schemes Analyst will predominantly work on data manipulation to produce month end income figures.
The role is based around excel whilst assisting with a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department including:
- Data Manipulation on Excel involving investigations on differences between various reports
- High level reconciliation – dealing with over 50,000 lines in Excel
- Compiling data by preparing and running a variety of month end reports
- Analysing, manipulating, inputting and cross referencing data from system generated reports
- Processing monthly journals and data into computer system using defined computer programs (Exchequer, Excel and in-house systems)
- Reconciling control accounts and End of month data on a monthly basis
- Continued improvement of processes on broker schemes income.
- Assisting the schemes accountant with Insurers reconciliation when required
- Preparing month end and year end reports for Insurer and Management
- Liaising with other departments when necessary.
- Building a mutually beneficial relationship with 3rd parties, brokers & other departments.
- Processing daily payments on to the accounting system
- Any other accounting functions to support the team
- An excellent understanding of Excel having used a variety of formulas (Eg: Pivot Tables, Lookups, macros, sumifs)
- AAT Technical Level / Graduate (Finance Based Degree) preferred but not essential
- An understanding of general accounting procedures
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well organised
- Good levels of initiative
- Able to prioritise
- Knowledge of financial services is advantageous
- An analytical mind
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why youâd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about.
At tifgroup, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. tifgroup is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.